Chiropractic care is an important part of YOUR HEALTH. Chiropractic is a branch of health sciences which focuses on the neuromusculoskeletal system. Chiropractors use various diagnostic methods, including x-rays and orthopaedic testing, to facilitate the diagnoses, treatment and prevention of disorders related to the spine, nervous system and joints, and will develop a comprehensive individual plan of management for each patient.
Our Chiropractic services include:
- Joint manipulation and mobilization
- Soft tissue treatments (primarily myofascial release techniques)
- Active Release Techniques® (ART)
- Graston® Technique
- Strengthening and stretching exercises to help with rehabilitation and injury prevention
- Custom orthotics to help with a variety of conditions from low back pain to plantar fasciitis
Chiropractic is a primary contact health care profession emphasizing differential diagnosis, patient-centered care and research, with expert knowledge in spine and neuromusculoskeletal health. Every day in Canada, over 120,000 people receive treatment from Doctors of Chiropractic. Your chiropractor is a doctor with over 7 years of university education in the art of hands-on healing. Chiropractors use a combination of treatments for your condition. They are specialists in using exact, gentle manipulations of your spine to make you feel great. Chiropractic treatment also includes diet and exercise programs and takes a holistic approach to help restore your body to its optimal health.
Chiropractic is a hands-on treatment that treats the patient by addressing the cause of a problem, not the symptoms. Chiropractors use various diagnostic methods, including x-rays and orthopedic testing, to facilitate the diagnoses, treatment and prevention of disorders related to the spine, nervous system and joints, and will develop a comprehensive individual plan of management for each patient.
Chiropractors use a drug-free manual approach to assess and treat patients with disorders related to the spine, extremities, and pelvis and their effects on the nervous system. Chiropractors specialize in treating all regions of the body, including shoulders, knees, ankles and wrists. Chiropractors can treat dysfunctions of the musculoskeletal system with techniques such as joint manipulation, or adjustments (to help decrease pain and increase mobility), soft tissue techniques (to decrease scar tissue, and restore function), as well as prescribing strengthening, stretching and rehabilitation exercises to help restore function. Chiropractors can also give you strategies to help prevent future injuries, such as prescribing core strengthening exercises to help stabilize your spine and strengthen your abdominal muscles.
How Chiropractic can help you
- Are you suffering from low back pain?
- Do your headaches never seem to go away?
- Have you been injured at work or suffer from repetitive strain injuries?
- Have you been injured in a car accident resulting in injuries, including whiplash?
- Are you active in sports, but after the game have stiff joints or shooting pains?
- Are you pregnant with an aching back?
- Do you suffer from fibromyalgia or other chronic pain conditions?
- Are you in your Golden years and having trouble enjoying retirement because those aches and pains are getting in the way?
- Are you concerned with the health of your whole body, and are looking for a different approach to health care?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should arrange a consultation with one of our chiropractors.
We offer daytime, evening, and weekend appointments for all services. To book an appointment, please call us at 905-829-0724.
Our chiropractors are members in Good Standing with the College of Chiropractors of Ontario (CCO) and adhere to the professional standards of practice, regulations, policies, and guidelines set out by the CCO. The Partnership of Care (Patient’s Charter of Rights & Responsibilities) outlines your rights and responsibilities as set out by the CCO. To view the Partnership of Care in other languages, please visit the College of Chiropractors of Ontario Publications site.